Skip to main content

34 Days Left!!

I still have 34 days left until Lent is over and I can eat chocolate again! I am absolutely fine; I have not found myself sitting there thinking about chocolate (which is unusual) but I am not fine when other people have chocolate in front of me! Mr S (my other half), unfortunately is waiting for his second year medic exam results this week therefore he has been very stressed and eating copious amounts of chocolate digestives and I have had to simply watch rather than joining in and he thinks he is being ever so funny by offering me the occasional one.
Reading wise this week things have been good, obviously I finished The Kite Runner which was excellent and I wanted to read something different so I decided to go for a regency drama in the form of Regency Buck, plus it allows me to knock another one off my TBR challenge. I am really enjoying it; I have always loved this kind of book but had not heard of Georgette Heyer until she was recommended by a friend but I have to say that I am looking forward to reading some of her other books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booking Through Thursday

I liked this Booking Through Thursday! Following up last week’s question about reading writing/grammar guides, this week, we’re expanding the question…. Scenario: You’ve just bought some complicated gadget home . . . do you read the accompanying documentation? Or not? Do you ever read manuals? How-to books? Self-help guides? Anything at all? Definitely!! It really annoys me when people discard the manual and then complain that they do not know how something works! My future husband is a prime example of this; whenever he has a new mobile phone he discards the manual and then gets frustrated that his phone does not do what it says on the box. I'm not sure if maybe I am just a bit of a control freak but I just think that reading the instructions nearly always ends up saving yourself time. I don't mean to be sexist but I do think it is mainly men who have a problem with manuals and instructions as they do not like to admit that they do not know the answer; this is evident in the w

Manual Labour

I missed Booking Through Thursday last week as I wasn't very well but thought that I would have a go this week so here you are: Writing guides, grammar books, punctuation how-tos . . . do you read them? Not read them? How many writing books, grammar books, dictionaries–if any–do you have in your library? Well I have just had a quick scan of my shelves and the only thing I can see is a Dictionary and Thesaurus which to be fair is always by my desk and regularly used. I think that the only time I have had a writing guide was when I was trying to write my university dissertation but to be fair it really did not help much! I did English at University so I probably did have a lot of grammar guides a few years ago but they have since gone to better homes. I believe that the English Language has SO many rules and regulations that it is just better to learn th e basic rules and then try and get on as best as you can; you do not want to have to keep picking up a book to check. I am sure tha

Booking Through Thursday

This is my first Booking Through Thursday , I kept seeing it on other peoples pages and thought that I would give it a go. Do your reading habits change in the Spring? Do you read gardening books? Even if you don’t have a garden? More light fiction than during the Winter? Less? Travel books? Light paperbacks you can stick in a knapsack? Or do you pretty much read the same kinds of things in the Spring as you do the rest of the year? Hmmm, when I initially read this question I felt that my reading habits do not change throughout the year but looking back over what I have actually read, they clearly do. In the Autumn and Winter I do seem to prefer something a bit darker, murder mysteries etc and I seem to read more light hearted fiction as the days get lighter. I still read as much during the Spring and Summer but I do love to curl up with a good book when the weather is horrible outside, there is definitely something comforting about that.